.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Recess

Often I wish I could carry a video camera around with me everywhere because there are so many things I wish you could see! I compose dozens of blog posts in my head as I'm walking from place to place because this city is unimaginably diverse. A bright orange Lamborghini parked across the street from a woman selling eggs ~ a dozen for about 87 cents. A man in his 30s wearing a yellow t-shirt emblazoned with "Hug and Kiss" next to a woman in a black business suit and high heels. I will try to be more thorough in documenting this city and our impressions of living here.
Today I captured one event I've wanted to video for weeks: Preschool Recess. Every morning at 10, the preschoolers go out to the playground. But it's not an ordinary recess like typical American preschool. Yes, there are slides and "big toys" to climb on and enjoy, but at this particular time of day, the kids line up in rows to do a choreographed dance for exercise.

The kids love it! Molly has long declared it her favorite time of the day, and she tries her best to sing the songs and do the motions as home. I think this has helped Hudson enjoy it more because lately I've noticed him participating quite well with his class.
You can find Molly and Hudson, right? :)  They are both in the middle of their classes; Molly is wearing a light green shirt and Hudson is wearing navy blue with khaki shorts.
The recess time allows me a 20 minute break from teaching English lessons ~ the 3 oldest classes before and the 2 youngest after. Like the kids, it's my favorite time of day!
~Dayna

No comments:

Post a Comment